Freitag, 16. Juli 2010

Day 3 Gränna - Lövanger: 1.030 km

Passing Stockholm and Uppsala I head further up north along the Bothnian sea. North of Stockholm the roads are getting a little narrower, my average speed falls somewhat. The weather continues to be as good as it gets, the countryside is terriffic. Deep forests, blue lakes and 22 degress centigrade. This is elk-country, as the permanent warning signs never fail to remind you. I have not seen one in the flesh yet, I would love to but maybe it's for the better as I am not sure a GT3 and an elk would have a friendly encounter on the road. The 3.000 km mark falls, with less than 1.000 km remaining till the North Cape.

Not starting to look for a hotel early enough turns out quite a mistake but shortly before 10 pm I finde a nice little hut at the 'Kyrkstad Lövanger'. As I am very close to the arctic circle it does not really get dark at night and the mosquitoes are quite active here; of course I forgot to bring no-bite ;-), which somewhat compromises the quality of my sleep.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen